OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tuchodi River Trip - Fuel Requirements?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REPO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Tuchodi River Trip - Fuel Requirements? Reply with quote

Just curious what amount of fuel I could expect to burn heading up the Tuchodi to the lakes and back in a 17' boat with a 200 Opti? If someone that has been up there in the past couple years could give me an idea, that would be great.
ALEX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 1 1/2 hours to the mouth of the Tuchodi from the landing...

And another 1 1/2 hours to the lakes

Usually about 12-14 gallons to the mouth ...cache fuel there and lighten the boat

10-12 gallons to the lakes

I assume you are leaving from Kledo landing and not running from Ft Nelson

Remember to join the Muskwa Riverboat aAssn at B&S Truck in Fort Nelson as they maintain the landing
REPO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Alex, thanks for the info. I assume those fuel amounts were in that small center consol you had posted awhile back? My boat is about 2200 pounds empty, I was banking on burning much more than that. Did you have a bunch of gear in your boat on that trip? We got a small BBQ, coolers, way too much beer, tent, etc. my tank is only 28 gallons, and I have 8. 14 gallon jugs if required.
hosman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from tuchodi lakes. Water is really high on Muskwa and tuchodi. I run a 17' firefish with 200 opti and I brought 120 gallons for trip. I brought 100 gallons up a couple years ago and was not enough. There is lots of great boating and playing in the splits and up above the second lake. This was for 3 night, 4 day trip.
Go up past the second lake and check out the falls on your right. Just be careful at the end of the second lake in the sand flats. You can't tell if water is 2" or 2 ' deep. Heading up stay to the right on the mouth of the river along the bank for the deeper water.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: