OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WARNING. ls ign. controller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coyotitto

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: WARNING. ls ign. controller Reply with quote

Do not use the supplied chips unless you are running a map sensor. The map is not disabled with no sensor pluged in and you could be running as much as 20 degrees more timing than you think. Also when you program your Timing curve make sure you shut off the map or 0 the curve
rustyzipper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Controllers? or just stock Ls?
sandman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We hooked up the map sensor but only adjusted the timing curve, looking at the map sensor graph, 20 deg. to 4 psi then drops linear. At 12psi it hits zero and stays there as the pressure goes up, It may have been the factory setting. Is this the curve zero you were talking about? Can't remember anyone touching these settings, we were not computer savvy enough and it was too late to wake up the Miss-behavin' crew!
boosted

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because you guys have it hooked up it will be advancing the timing at anything around 4000 rpm or less not that Tim ever has driven it there. The psi is absolute and 14.7 would be WOT at sea level. The advanced timing may not cause any issues and maybe even get you better fuel economy because we all know thats what you guys are all about. I would definately zero the curve just to be safe or at least make the max amount of advance at around 10 deg and move it further down the curve. Also the default setting is set for no more than 45 deg so if you are running 28 it would only go the 17 deg not the 20 that is on the curve.

On second thought I think you guys should just retard your max timing down to 20deg. Ya thats it 20 deg Razz

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
Coyotitto

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree the only benefit of the map may be a little better fuel economy in the cruise range 3000 to 4000 rpm not really important in a cx racer. Do not forget however that it is possible to detonate an engine at part throttle and these controllers DO NOT have knock sensors better to play it safe and get rid of the map and know for sure what your running.
sandman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, advise well taken, will zero it all across the board.
Another newbie question, when you look at the chipped maps they list, why is there always the timing dip at 5000rpm?

Coyotitto

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the reason for the timing dip is that the motors peak torque is around 5000 rpm and this is when it is most susseptable to detonation, this applies primarily to automobiles as the jet pump cannot hold it at this rpm for any length of time hence we do not need this dip in the curve.
sandman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the info. Rob, mucho appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: