OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AT 309 Stock Impeller VS SS Inpeller Whats the Difference?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ram

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: AT 309 Stock Impeller VS SS Inpeller Whats the Difference? Reply with quote

I recently Purchased a new 20 foot Outlaw Clearwater with a 330 HP 350 and a AT 309 and I upgraded to the SS impeller I Talked to alot of people who said I should Confused and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what are the real benifits to the SS impeller, I am new to the jet boat world and I plan on using the boat in Northern rivers for Huntung as well as a family rec boat, Thanks for your Time. Anyone know where the closest open water is to Cochrane Rolling Eyes I am dying to get my boat in the water for the first Time Cool
Will R

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats on the new boat you'll love it!as for reason...very simple sht 'n' abuse and peace of mind. a cast aluminum impeller isnt even conparable really to a ss one unless you plan on using it as a deep water boat only.
Boomhower

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Will, Hey Ram, in a good afternoon of boating you can chew up an aluminum impeller, Especially if your a ROOKIE.

Its a good piece of Mind knowing you have a good blade in your pump.
A definate must for any Riverboat.
thundercat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put in under the bridge at Cochrane Mar 16, 2010. Ran up to the first island for lunch then up to the dam. Went because it was winter and forecast 19c.
JetstreamConcepts

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: 309 ss verse alumium Reply with quote

the only thing you need to be aware of is that you will need to put RTV on the main drive spline , unbolt the motor slide it forward and put RTV on the spline slide motor back and let it set up overnight this will stop that banging sound coming from the jet at idle
Hines

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SS is great life its steal , Boom how do you chew up a alum. imp. in a day of boating are you near the river?LoL.Later.
Rapid Transit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is RTV ?[/quote]
rustyzipper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One type of single-product silicone sealant is called Room Temperature Vulcanizing (RTV). This form of sealant starts to cure as soon as it is exposed to the air.

Dont use to much though.
big block

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 309 ss verse alumium Reply with quote

JetstreamConcepts wrote:
the only thing you need to be aware of is that you will need to put RTV on the main drive spline , unbolt the motor slide it forward and put RTV on the spline slide motor back and let it set up overnight this will stop that banging sound coming from the jet at idle

lets see i had this problem then after my splines got really worn and a bad vibration i took it apart and have found that there was not enough spline overlap, there 2.5 to 3 inch usable spline there and was only about maybe 1 inch at best overlap Mad so now im going to find another yoke and re fit the driveline to use as much spline on the pump posible.
Doogie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: 309 ss verse alumium Reply with quote

JetstreamConcepts wrote:

Your answer seem a little out of place considering the original question...

But the RTV is a good Trick if you are trying to scam someone into buying an old worn out boat. The proper fix is a new yoke and Impeller shaft as Big Block Said.

And to reduce the Harmonic pulses at idle you should be running a FLYWHEEL not a Flexplate.
The Flexplate running without a torque converter bolted to it has less support for the starter ring
Which allows the plate to flex more than its original design and possibly develop cracks. A broken flexplate is no fun.

The mass of the FLYWHEEL supports the Ring gear Properly and Eliminates the
"banging sound coming from the jet at idle"
Itsworthit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doogie..................where have you been all these years, we have so many questions to ask you, can you explain how the ring gear not being supported by a flywheel makes the loud bang when the jet is at idle
mountainman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itsworthit wrote:
Doogie..................where have you been all these years, we have so many questions to ask you, can you explain how the ring gear not being supported by a flywheel makes the loud bang when the jet is at idle

Because the starter isn't disengaging come on now Rolling Eyes
Will R

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ever clever eh! Laughing
Viking502

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itsworthit wrote:

ALSO DOGGY:
Could you pwees hep me wit sumpin'...
Why is it whin i put me fingger in the ewectrical socket my hair stands on end. The wast time I was out wurking on the RIGS (I work for free because I already have too much money) da guys had me do dat.
Day aslo said dat if I went an got dem dar pipe stwetchers they would not waff at me anymor.

PS.
PWEES HELP.
U my onwy hope!!!

mountainman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh and please direct me to the closest store for a couple cans of compression I have been searching high and low for it, my oscillating foo-foo valve seems to be disjointed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: