OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Riggins Race Poster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesse LaForest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Riggins Race Poster Reply with quote

I am hearing a $25,000 purse because it's their 25th Anniversary race.

scan0001.jpg
 Description:
Riggin's race poster
 Filesize:  56.37 KB
 Viewed:  11874 Time(s)

scan0001.jpg

Dale

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there has been a couple of people asking about the Riggins race.

great race fantastic town and only about 11 hours from Red Deer. i am headed down on April 15th if anyone else wants to go. i will be racing something, but not sure what boat i'm going to take. sounds like Gord Humphrey is going to put his "U" boat together and come down also.

alwise a great time. hard to get hotel rooms but i do have my name on 6 waiting lists and the camping is great.

DW1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  195.76 KB
 Viewed:  11718 Time(s)

DW1.jpg

Dale

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another shot of a great section

not trying to frighten anyone off

29180032.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  103 KB
 Viewed:  11716 Time(s)

29180032.JPG

SouthIdahoGary

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale wrote:
there has been a couple of people asking about the Riggins race.

great race fantastic town and only about 11 hours from Red Deer. i am headed down on April 15th if anyone else wants to go. i will be racing something, but not sure what boat i'm going to take. sounds like Gord Humphrey is going to put his "U" boat together and come down also.

alwise a great time. hard to get hotel rooms but i do have my name on 6 waiting lists and the camping is great.

For any of you folks still looking for a room...as of 04/02/09 8am MDT the Little Salmon Lodge in Pollock still has 7-8 rooms available. (Pollock is 9 miles south of Riggins. It is actually the town that Rich & Kim Friend's River Adventures is based in. ) Nice place-great views.

If you are interested, please call 800-727-9977 or visit www.voyageurs.com/lodge.cfm for more information.

"faster, Faster, FASTER until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of DEATH"#163 "Tuff-n'-Nuff"
SouthIdahoGary

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have attached a "picture" map of the Salmon with explanation / legend.

Also if your computer has the capability, use Google Maps-Terrain feature and call up Riggins, Idaho. There is Street View capabilities that allow you to "drive" US 95 (aka Marx street) and look at the town and some of the river. After Google driving get the big picture terrain map and zoom in a few clicks and just follow the river up and down for about 4 miles in each direction. You can see some of the features and rough water. You can kind of compare the Google terrain map with the line drawing. Also use the Google Map feature to continue south and take a look at Pollock

FEATUR~4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  112.66 KB
 Viewed:  11618 Time(s)

FEATUR~4.jpg

"faster, Faster, FASTER until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of DEATH"#163 "Tuff-n'-Nuff"
SouthIdahoGary

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a picture of a boat in one of the features (Tight Squeeze). For a bit of perspective, that is a 21 foot Eagle tunnel....

Tights~1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  77.92 KB
 Viewed:  11617 Time(s)

Tights~1.jpg

blue42

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have raced in Riggins 4 times now the first time on the old course with the black hawk section and trust me if you aren't scared a little you are either lying or stupid BUT even though you will feel like you had your ass kicked at the end of the weekend it is the most satisfying feeling to pull on the trailer after the last leg on Sunday that you have to experience to fully understand. Make sure you listen to and pre run as much as possible with the Labrums, Duane Longfellow or any other veteran of the Salmon and you will be fine and have the time of your life, it ruff in spots but actually relatively short and easy to remember although I don't think there is a halfway smooth line through the hotel riffle! Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: